Come with an open mind
You may not be able to perform all postures, don’t be discouraged! A successful Bikram Yoga practice requires persistence, determination and patience. Remember, you are in yoga class to improve your health and wellbeing. As your body improves, your postures will improve and as your postures improve, your body will improve!
Yoga is not about how perfectly you perform the postures but how you try to perform the postures the right way. Listen to your instructor and work at a comfortable pace.
We encourage all new students to come back for their second class the next day. Stiffness and sore muscles are indicators of the strengthening and transformation taking place as a result of your practice.
Following up with another class will assist in conditioning the muscles and advance the healing process. Make sure you are well hydrated. Drink plenty of water before class and plenty after class. If you are properly hydrated, you will not need to drink so much water during class and you will feel better during and after class.
All of the classes on our schedule are suitable for first time students. No experience is necessary. Just have the desire to live a healthier, happier life!
NEW STUDENT CHECKLIST
- New students please arrive at least 20 minutes before class to register.
- Wear what you will be most comfortable sweating in and moving in
- Drink plenty of water before and after class.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal 2-3 hours before class begins.
- A yoga mat, towel and water is all you need in class (available for purchase/rent).