Reston Yoga’s response to COVID-19
June 9 , 2020 message:
We are excited to announce that today, Tuesday June 9th, Virginia Governor Northam announced that Northern Virginia can enter Phase 2 on Friday June 12.
We are making some studio updates and working on new procedures for our first phase of re-opening. We plan to re-open next week. We will update you and confirm the re-opening date in the next few days!
According to the Virginia Phase 2 guidelines, everyone should maintain 10 feet distance at a fitness facility/Yoga center. For that reason, we must do the following:
- We will limit the number of people per class so that everyone is 10 feet apart
- The yoga room floor will be marked to ensure everyone positions their mat at the appropriate distance.
- We will have no access to showers and changing rooms. So please come with only what you need in the yoga room.
- Only one person at a time will be permitted in the restrooms.
In addition, we are required to ensure that everyone entering our space has no fever. We will use a contactless thermometer for temperature checks before you enter our space. Please check out our re-opening procedures page for additional details
NEW SCHEDULE AND PRIVATE SESSIONS
During our phase one of re-opening, we will start out with a limited class schedule. We will gradually add more classes as we get used to the new procedures and based on class demand. At this time, we will only offer Hot Yoga (Bikram method) classes in studio.VIRTUAL CLASSES
We will continue to offer the virtual classes that we have been offering the last few months. Our Virtual classes will continue to include Bikram method classes as well as other methods such as Kundalini, Vinyasa and Yin.PRIVATE SESSIONS
For those of you that would like to be in the hot room but prefer to be only with your friends or family members, we are offering in studio private/semi private sessions. In the private sessions, you will get:
For a limited time we are offering a discount on private sessions. Book your session here! After you book, we will contact you to set a time for your session.
First, we would like to thank you so much for all your support! Those of you that were able to maintain your monthly memberships and who purchased gift cards and memberships while we were closed made the re-opening of our space more possible. THANK YOU!
In our initial phase of re-opening, due to space limitations, we will give priority to members. We will not be offering “in studio” drop in rates or new student class packages. In addition, due to space limitations, we will temporarily not be able to offer new monthly autopay memberships.
If you were a member before we closed and would like to join our classes again, we look forward to welcoming you back in the hot room! Please check our pre-opening rates on our website.
Thank you so much for your continued support and understanding of our new procedures. Those new procedures are temporary but necessary for everyone’s safety!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
June 8 , 2020 message:
We are getting closer to re-opening! Phase 2 in Virginia permits yoga studio to open for in studio classes(with some restrictions)
May 29 , 2020 message:
Today, Friday May 29th, Northern Virginia began its “Phase 1” of re-opening!
We have received many messages about our re-opening date for “in studio” classes. At this moment, we do not have a specific opening date. However, since Virginia is now in phase 1, we are getting closer to setting a re-opening date! For details on the next steps, I emailed the Virginia governor’s office and asked for clarifications. Below is the response I received today:
A yoga studio would fall under the exercise and fitness category. Indoor facilities must remain closed during Phase 1 but you may conduct outside classes of 10 people or less with strict social distancing. See this link for the Virginia Forward Phase 1 Guidelines https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
Guidelines for Phases 2 and 3 have not been published.”
We will update you on guidelines when we have them and we will announce a re-opening date. In the mean time, please join us for our Virtual Classes! We have a full schedule of Virtual classes now with many type of classes to choose from.
Once we re-open our “in-studio” classes, we are looking forward to new beginnings at Reston Yoga with “in-studio” and virtual classes!
Thank you for your patience!
April 17 , 2020 message:
We hope this message finds you well and that you feel supported during these extraordinary times. We are all going through challenges forcing us to adapt, to be flexible and to be patient.
As you know, due to the COVID-19 crisis we do not expect to be back in our physical space until the government lifts the restriction.
Although we had to temporarily stop “in person” classes, our new Virtual Classroom is open. We are committed to helping you stay healthy now more than ever! Thank you for your trust, your inspiration and support.
As a small independently owned business, we rely on your membership. Closing for more than 2 months will cause hardship for Reston Yoga and our instructors. Therefore, we are asking for your support through your continued membership and through the purchase of gift cards that have no expiration. Your support is necessary so that we all have a nice hot yoga room to practice in after the COVID-19 crisis is over!
What are we offering now?
We are offering daily Virtual Classes in the Bikram Method as well as other types of classes to support your total wellbeing.
During the past few weeks, in addition to working with our current instructors, we collaborated with several wellness practitioners to offer classes in healthy cooking, meditation and a variety of fitness modalities.
We are continuing to develop new Virtual Classes. Please visit the online schedule for updates and register online in order to receive the livestream link.
How much are the Virtual Classes?
– If you have a current membership, you can continue to use your membership for all Virtual Classes.
– If you do not have a current membership, we encourage you to join our Virtual Class membership. Since things are rapidly changing, we are offering a “one week at a time” Virtual Class membership (starting at $25/week for unlimited classes). You can start at any time and cancel any time!
Today, March 23rd 2020 at 2pm, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam ordered all non essential business (including our type of business) to close for the next 30 days in order to reduce the serious impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
We plan to be back in the hot yoga room (that we all love!) as soon as the order is lifted. In the mean time, we would like to continue to enhance the lives of our members through a virtual classroom. We are getting organized to offer you online yoga and wellness classes. Please check the restonyoga.com/coronavirus page and check your email for updates. In addition, please follow us on social media (@restonyoga on instagram and facebook) for updates.
Just like all small businesses, we will be impacted by this temporary closure. However, we trust that this temporary closure is for everyone’s wellbeing. We are grateful for all our members and their support especially during this difficult time. If you have an active membership with us, please know that we will work with you to extend your memberships and class packages if necessary.
Our mission since we opened in 2005 is to enhance the lives of everyone that walks through our doors. We are committed to continue offering you the service that we have been offering you in Reston for the last 15 years.
Stay safe, stay well and see you soon!
March 17, 2020 message:
Virginia Governor Ralph Northam made an announcement on March 17th prohibiting more than 10 patrons in restaurants, fitness centers and theaters. We believe in the healing benefits of the therapeutic hot yoga practice we offer and we want to continue to offer classes with a maximum of 10 people per class. However, things have been changing rapidly and our message today might change tomorrow or in the next few days.
Please read the rest of this page before coming to class and only come to class if you are feeling healthy and if you do not have a compromised immune system or are in contact with someone with a compromised immune system.
- Please signup online before coming to class and cancel your online reservation if you are unable to attend class
- When in yoga room please stay at least 2 arm lengths from everyone else in yoga room
- We continue to thoroughly clean our yoga room. Please help us maintain a clean space by sanitizing your yoga mat before coming to class and by staying on your yoga mat to contain all your sweat.
- If possible, in order to reduce the number of people in our changing rooms, please avoid using our shower area and shower at home instead.
- Please read the CDC and WHO links at the bottom of this page
March 15, 2020 message:
With so many closures around the world, it is clear that we have to take Covid-19 (Coronavirus) seriously. It is also clear that during this time, we have to try our best to take care of our physical and mental health to stay strong and productive. Continuing your yoga practice is one of the best things you can do to boost your immune system.
Since we sent a message on March 8, 2020 (message below…), there has been some developments. As a result, we now have new procedures:
- We are now implementing social distancing and limiting the number of people in each class. This will allow a comfortable space between practitioners.
- We highly recommend that you reserve your spot on our website or through the Reston Yoga app. When you signup online, we will give you priority in class. However, if we reach our limit, we will release your spot 5 minutes before class start time.
- We will no longer be offering mat rentals. Please bring your own mat and please make sure your mats are cleaned/sanitized between classes.
- If you would like to have a private or a small private group session please email email@example.com
- Please continue to monitor the schedule and our restonyoga.com/coronavirus page for additional updates.
March 8, 2020 message message:
At Reston Yoga safety is always our number one priority. Our mission has always been to enhance the lives of everyone that walks through our door and to create a safe space for healing. We care deeply about your health and well‑being and would like to provide information to give you some peace of mind.
In order to support the health and well‑being of our yoga community, we have been closely monitoring the global COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation. At this time, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and related government agencies have said that we can continue with our daily routines. However, we believe that it is important to stay vigilant and do what we can to provide the best environment at Reston Yoga.
What we are doing at Reston Yoga:
- At Reston Yoga we take hygiene very seriously. We have daily cleaning staff disinfecting the yoga room, the bathrooms and all common areas. Now, as a response to the COVID-19 situation, we have more than doubled our cleaning efforts. We are constantly disinfecting and wiping all surfaces, door knobs etc.
- Our yoga instructors have always been instructed to make only verbal corrections. Touching yoga students for corrections/adjustments has always been against our policy.
- We have automatic/ touch-less soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers.
- We provide towel service through “Nixon Medical“, the most advanced, healthcare-specific laundering facilities in the country.
- We continuously wipe/disinfect our reception counters. computers and credit card machines and we accept “touch-less” in studio payments with Apple Pay.
What YOU can do for yourself and others:
- Please stay home for at least 14 days if you have any symptoms of the flu, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath, or have been in contact with or have recently traveled to any of the affected countries and/or states and regions
- In addition, if you have a compromised immune system, we are recommending that you choose to stay home.
- If you need to pause or cancel your monthly unlimited autopay membership due to illness or any of the reasons above, please fill out the form on the bottom of our restonyoga/pricing webpage and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.
The CDC has also made available a list of suggested prevention tips. We encourage all members of our yoga community to consult on a regular basis with the following credible resources:
- The main page World Health Organization (WHO) regarding COVID-19; and
- The main page of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding COVID-19.
We will continuously evaluate and monitor the situation, and share pertinent information with our community as it becomes available.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to respond to this email.