Reston Yoga’s response to COVID-19
March 23rd, 2020 message:
Dear Reston Yoga Community,
Today, March 23rd 2020 at 2pm, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam ordered all non essential business (including our type of business) to close for the next 30 days in order to reduce the serious impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Although the order is effective 11:59pm March 24th, we decided to cancel all classes at Reston Yoga effective immediately. We are hoping the order will reduce the impact of COVID-19 and that we will see you back after everything settles in 30 days.
We plan to be back in the hot yoga room (that we all love!) as soon as the order is lifted. In the mean time, we would like to continue to enhance the lives of our members through a virtual classroom. We are getting organized to offer you online yoga and wellness classes. Please check the restonyoga.com/coronavirus page and check your email for updates. In addition, please follow us on social media (@restonyoga on instagram and facebook) for updates.
Just like all small businesses, we will be impacted by this temporary closure. However, we trust that this temporary closure is for everyone’s wellbeing. We are grateful for all our members and their support especially during this difficult time. If you have an active membership with us, please know that we will work with you to extend your memberships and class packages if necessary.
Our mission since we opened in 2005 is to enhance the lives of everyone that walks through our doors. We are committed to continue offering you the service that we have been offering you in Reston for the last 15 years.
Stay safe, stay well and see you soon!
March 17, 2020 message:
Virginia Governor Ralph Northam made an announcement on March 17th prohibiting more than 10 patrons in restaurants, fitness centers and theaters. We believe in the healing benefits of the therapeutic hot yoga practice we offer and we want to continue to offer classes with a maximum of 10 people per class. However, things have been changing rapidly and our message today might change tomorrow or in the next few days.
Please read the rest of this page before coming to class and only come to class if you are feeling healthy and if you do not have a compromised immune system or are in contact with someone with a compromised immune system.
- Please signup online before coming to class and cancel your online reservation if you are unable to attend class
- When in yoga room please stay at least 2 arm lengths from everyone else in yoga room
- We continue to thoroughly clean our yoga room. Please help us maintain a clean space by sanitizing your yoga mat before coming to class and by staying on your yoga mat to contain all your sweat.
- If possible, in order to reduce the number of people in our changing rooms, please avoid using our shower area and shower at home instead.
- Please read the CDC and WHO links at the bottom of this page
March 15, 2020 message:
With so many closures around the world, it is clear that we have to take Covid-19 (Coronavirus) seriously. It is also clear that during this time, we have to try our best to take care of our physical and mental health to stay strong and productive. Continuing your yoga practice is one of the best things you can do to boost your immune system.
Since we sent a message on March 8, 2020 (message below…), there has been some developments. As a result, we now have new procedures:
- We are now implementing social distancing and limiting the number of people in each class. This will allow a comfortable space between practitioners.
- We highly recommend that you reserve your spot on our website or through the Reston Yoga app. When you signup online, we will give you priority in class. However, if we reach our limit, we will release your spot 5 minutes before class start time.
- We will no longer be offering mat rentals. Please bring your own mat and please make sure your mats are cleaned/sanitized between classes.
- If you would like to have a private or a small private group session please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please continue to monitor the schedule and our restonyoga.com/coronavirus page for additional updates.
March 8, 2020 message message:
At Reston Yoga safety is always our number one priority. Our mission has always been to enhance the lives of everyone that walks through our door and to create a safe space for healing. We care deeply about your health and well‑being and would like to provide information to give you some peace of mind.
In order to support the health and well‑being of our yoga community, we have been closely monitoring the global COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation. At this time, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and related government agencies have said that we can continue with our daily routines. However, we believe that it is important to stay vigilant and do what we can to provide the best environment at Reston Yoga.
What we are doing at Reston Yoga:
- At Reston Yoga we take hygiene very seriously. We have daily cleaning staff disinfecting the yoga room, the bathrooms and all common areas. Now, as a response to the COVID-19 situation, we have more than doubled our cleaning efforts. We are constantly disinfecting and wiping all surfaces, door knobs etc.
- Our yoga instructors have always been instructed to make only verbal corrections. Touching yoga students for corrections/adjustments has always been against our policy.
- We have automatic/ touch-less soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers.
- We provide towel service through “Nixon Medical“, the most advanced, healthcare-specific laundering facilities in the country.
- We continuously wipe/disinfect our reception counters. computers and credit card machines and we accept “touch-less” in studio payments with Apple Pay.
What YOU can do for yourself and others:
- Please stay home for at least 14 days if you have any symptoms of the flu, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath, or have been in contact with or have recently traveled to any of the affected countries and/or states and regions
- In addition, if you have a compromised immune system, we are recommending that you choose to stay home.
- If you need to pause or cancel your monthly unlimited autopay membership due to illness or any of the reasons above, please fill out the form on the bottom of our restonyoga/pricing webpage and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.
The CDC has also made available a list of suggested prevention tips. We encourage all members of our yoga community to consult on a regular basis with the following credible resources:
- The main page World Health Organization (WHO) regarding COVID-19; and
- The main page of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding COVID-19.
We will continuously evaluate and monitor the situation, and share pertinent information with our community as it becomes available.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to respond to this email.